Sunday, June 19, 2005

Down and Up Florida

Sorry for falling behind on posts, I got back from Melbourne and Fort Lauderdale a little while ago. Man was it a crazy trip. Todd from my work gave me a ride to the Greyhound station, and It there was a crazy lightening storm going on while we discussed Sci-fi and mideval fighting. When I arrived at the bus depot, I could tell right off the bat that this was going to be an interesting trip. I waited for my bus to arrive and a man who had been waiting for his bus for 36 hours asked me what time it was. He smelled bad. I got on the bus and one of the last people on sat next to me. I listened to my music for a while until I got bored of that. I asked him where he was going, and he too was going to Melbourne. I ask him why, and this is what started it. He told me he was going to visit his friends and put his computer stuff in his storage room. Also his friend was getting out of jail on the 20th. I asked him what he does, he explained that he goes through trash and finds computer parts and fixes them up, then resells them. He told me about how he sold this laptop for lik $400, but that was way too cheap, but he needed the money, because he was addicted to heroine. He nonchalantly says he was addicted to heroine. This guy had a mohawk that was down and multiple face piercings. He also said he was in a mental institution for threatening to kill someone, and he escaped from the institute and walked down Florida. He said he has no criminal record, because none of the stuff he was brought in on stuck. He was a crazy kid. I wish I found out his name so maybe I could cross reference this stuff. Ohh well, he was quite facinating.
I got to Melbourne and my dad picked me up, I stayed at my grandma's house that night and watched Undercover Brother with her, it was weird. She is dying of cancer, so please say prayers for her. We went to breakfast the next day and then drove down to Fort Lauderdale.
We arrived in Fort Lauderdale and I surprised my family there cuz I never told them I was coming. My cousins were shocked when I picked them up from school, the looks on their faces were hilarious. I wrestled with my cousins, saw Batman Begins, sorry Ed, and went swimming in Lauderdale.
I took the train back, it was much more pleasant than the bus. The girl/lady who sat next to me was pleasant, and fun. We talked about college, anime, life, and people. It was fun, and much better than an ex-heroine addict. All around the whole trip was fun, and insightful. I also learned alot about alternative transportation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home