Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Honesty?

So I am an asshole, because I am honest. I don't leave doubt in people's minds if they ask me something directly. It is kinda crappy but I wouldn't live my life any other way. I wouldn't be able to live with trying to tell people things that would make them happy, with knowing deep down in my heart they aren't true.

I care about people's feelings, I usually try to avoid the subject if I think my opinion is offensive or will hurt them. People usually don't see this because they eitehr get pissed when I say stuff, or don't notice it because they never get hurt.

Another problem is that I stand by my opinions unless shown I am wrong. If I am shown I am wrong then I will admit it, most people won't. I just defend my opinions and explain my thought processes fully. This comes out mostly as agressive arguing.

I am not a liar, and don't plan to be. It just sucks that I get ostracized for telling the truth.

...Yeah I know, philosophy, what is truth, is it worth hurting people's feelings, yeah yeah. The truth is what I believe it to be untill proven otherwise. This is the only way to really live. Other wise you get stuck in a rut of philosophy and what to believe, and that kinda sucks. Your mind is what you have to work with on Earth. It is like the how do we know that the world doesn't exist only in our minds. There is no way to know for sure, but all we can do is trust our senses unless we have solid evidence to do otherwise. Yeah yeah what is soild evidence, whatever you deem solid enough for your tastes. I know it is circular philosophy but in philosophy there are no real answers.

That was a bit of stream of conciousness writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home