Thursday, June 09, 2005

Finished a Book

So I just finished 1984. I haven't felt that sort of sense of completeing soemthing in a while. I like it, unfortunately the book ended so bleakly. It was very much like a 5 act tragedy except in 3 acts. I really wanted the book to end happily but deep down in my heart I knew it could end no other way. Poor Winston. I really wanted him to be happy, I guess in the end he did become pretty much happy. The movie Brazil is amazingly similar in setting and feel to 1984. I guess that is the thing about happiness, it is relative to your ability to achive it. I guess it is like anything else.

So the real question is there any reality outside minds, same as the question if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound? I am going to say yes, beacuse of induction, which itself can't be proven. That is the thing about philosophy there are never really any answers.

So I was talking to a guy today in the locker room about staying fit. He said that he just got back from inspecting a Roadhouse grill and the people eating there were exactly the ones who shouldn't be. Why is it always that way? The things that people should be doing, they don't do. This question kinda breaks down to what came first the chicken or the egg. Why are they the way they are? I guess what I strive for is a perfect balance, between intellect, fun, disipline, the arts, and such on. Finding that perfect balance is the challenge.

So last night I stayed up till 1am reading this one guy's blog. He wrote it when he was a teacher in Japan. Mind you this is a big black guy, and these Japanese school kids are crazy. It was hilarious, I seriously laughed so hard I cried. I have not done that in a very very long time. Here is the link. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home