Friday, July 22, 2005

Healing Eyes

So yesterday I went to a talk with Julie Walker, an intuitive healer, at the Baha'i home. The seats were arranged in concentric circles, and I sat in the inner most circle. Her talk was alright, but it was more of her demeanor that struck me. When she looked me directly in the eyes, there was something captivating about it, captivating yet reassuring. After she looked me in the eyes I started smiling for no real reason. Also during her talk I noticed that she was, or at least seemed, happy the whole time. I wanted to ask her how she manages to do this, remain happy all the time. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to ask her about it. There were smaller discussions going on, and I had to take my friend back to my house. One thing she said, that wasn't really part of her talk was, to have confidence that you can attract the love you deserve. I paraphrase it poorly, but the gist of it is that you should have confidence that you can attract love, and not always go in search of it. It seems that I have always been searching for love, and it is kinda starting to piss me off. I think I need to start just living without being concerned about love, or at least allowing it to motivate my actions, and allow the people to be drawn to me. I also need to be less condecending, but that is a whole different story. Damn my brother just called and interupted my whole train of thought. I want to meet this Julie Walker lady and I guess just talk to her and see what makes her so happy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

I agree. Dont look for love.... But dont wait for it to find you either. I have found the most fulfilling love in life by meeting life (and people) dead on and engaging in relationships/friendships that have a balanced exhange.

/my $0.02

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a session with Julie on Monday. It was amazing. So much is changing in my life due to that, and so much more was reconfirmed. She knows her stuff. It's quite impressive.

-Mia

P.S. It was good to see you. : )

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home