Monday, July 25, 2005

A Fearless Fie

So I was in the shower this morning and I realized clearly how different my brother and I are. While I was in the shower my brother needed something from the bathroom, and I lock the door cuz I like my privacy. If I was in his situation I would have either waited, or banged on the door till he could hear me and let me in. Here is what my brother did, he picked the lock took what he needed and left the door open. This situation I feel is a very good metaphor for how differently we live life, and why he is more successful in some situations than me. See he knows what he wants and he says fie to anything that stands in his way, and then tramples on it, if it won't get out of his way, this is what all successful people are like, they see their goal and don't let anything stand in the way of their persuit of that goal. What I do is try to take into consideration the feelings of those in my way and usually get distracted by them.

I also realized in the shower that I am hipocritical, because I want to believe in one thing and try my best to, but end up doing something different. I feel badly about this, but I am trying and that is better than what I can say of most people. I just need to try harder.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, it sucks. "my problem is that i care too much."
-rhov

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds like an excerpt from "Rich Dad Poor Dad" or something.

I find that I mix both characteristics. All depends on how I woke up that morning to tell the truth (or how much I like the person in the shower....er, not in that way.)

-mia

10:02 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Your brother would probably really like Machiavelli's The Prince. A good idea in theory. The ends justify the means and all that.

Only problem is that it removes humanity from the human. And then what are you left with?

Wow, i'm out of my mind. How did i just relate a shower metaphor to losing humanity?

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, i miss the daniel from last summer!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home