Friday, July 29, 2005

Samurai Champloo

So I just finished watching Samurai Champloo. All of it. Such a great show. Set in feudal Japan, a story about two completely different Saurai and a young girl, and their journey to find the Samurai who smells like sunflowers. I really want to learn how to sword fight, and do more martial arts. There really is no reason why I can't, there are infinite possibilites at my fingertips, but I am limited only by my own self. People can really do anything they want, and the only thing stopping them is their own selves. I can leave now, and never come back, I can do anything. I love this feeling of infinite possibilites. It is such a damn good show. Best Anime I have ever seen. I am buying a samurai sword mostly because of this show. I really want to learn more martial arts, like get a black belt in something, I also want to learn some Zen. Take a class on it probably. I am very into self searching, and I want to try to learn more about methods and concepts behind it.

I need to start seeing the world more singularly. Allow me to explain. There are my actions and people's perceptions. I accept that as fact, I can only control my actions, and try to predict their perceptions. Now the question, is it irresponsible to not take into consideration my predictions of their perceptions. First I must realize they are only predictions and they are flawed, second there are perceptions that I cannot change. My choice is to either acomidate them or do what I want. That is what I need to work out. I can't let other crap from outside get in the way, such as social laws, and my own personal fears. I have felt fearless, and I need to learn to get that more. Because fear is nothing. There is no real reason to fear anything. I also need to rid myself of my overactive sense of guilt. Some guilt is good because it helps you learn from your mistakes, but the type of guild that I have been plagued with is quite disabling to me. I need to be more bold, not brash, but bold. I am happy that I don't crave attention, that would make my life so much more difficult. The problem with always trying to expand your mind and understanding of self, is that you end up with more and more things unresolved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home