Friday, September 23, 2005

The Loneliest Time of Night

2am, the is the loneliest time of night. You mind is still working well, and no one is awake who you can relate to. If they are awake at this hour they are doing something.

So I just watched the trailer for a movied called Paradise Now, which can be viewed here, it is about two Palestinian suicide bombers and their journey to their goal. They reconsider what they are doing several times, and it seems to be a very human story, doubtful to be appreciated by most American viewers. The thing was, watching that trailer made me miss Saudi Arabia soo damn much. I am getting all teary eyed. These two shots especially.

I miss the culture, the simple life, the loyalty, the brotherhood, all that crazy shit that American culture totally lacks. America is so damn completely devoid of any culture, and it really makes me miss Saudi Arabia because of the sharp contrast. Saudi Arabia people still wore the traditional garb to work, regularly. I really miss shit like that.

Good did come out of this though. I decided I am going to take Arabic next semester. Saudi Arabia is really a big part of my life, I was raised there, it is part of who I am, and why I am the way I am today. God I really want to smoke shisha, and just sit and talk.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really? I always feel that later is even lonlier. The later I stay up, the most pensive I become (otherwise I would have just gone to sleep already), and I put myself in a rut, telling myself that no one could possibly understand me and how weird I am. Haha, but at the same time, I somehow love the feeling of watching a sunrise all by myself.

-Mia

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home